What a wonderful way to start the year!
This is the third nomination so far this year. Not to trying to brag or anything, just remembering to count my blessings.
Thank you Lambam for picking Madekesiworld of all the wonderful bloggers out there. I know I’m not any better than any one of them. Anyway, I’m grateful and humbled. Thank you. May God bless you and keep blogging. Make the world a better place!
You can follow her blog and interact with her, see all her marvelous posts. I’m sure you will fall in love with her beautiful site. Kindly, just click on the above link.
RULES FOR THE AWARD
1 .Shout out to the blogger who nominated you with a link to her blog.
2. Answer questions given by the blogger.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the sunshine award , with links to their blogs.
4. Don’t forget to notify your nominees.
5. Come up with your own questions and tag 11 other bloggers nominating them to do the same.
6. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Awards logo in your post.
The following are Lambam’s questions that I tried responding to as well as I could.
1. How long have you been blogging?
In February Madekesiworld will be turning one year old. It’s a blessing that I thank God and each one of you for.
2. Who inspires you ?
My mother. She single-handedly raised me and my siblings. Her strength through some of the hardship life pushed her way motivated me and keeps inspiring and living in some of the stuff I write today. But generally, everything about life inspires me. I write about everyday happenings in Kenya and the larger Africa.
3. How do you stay positive?
Each day I wake up, I look at my ambience. I have my past that as much as I would like to forget, run away from, is here to stay and I have this future that I’m trying so hard to shape. I’m a dreamer, living my childhood dreams through my blog. Dreams of a better tomorrow, if I work hard and smart, keeps me positive!
4. What’s the most memorable day of your life?
The following is not one my fond memories but it’s one that keeps me laughing so much when I remember. It reminds me to call my elder sister.
One day when I was just a kid, me and my sister walked into this store in our small hometown. I don’t really remember what she was looking for but I don’t think she eventually purchased it anyway. So after some talking or maybe bargaining, between her and the lady behind the counter, she left.
Then we heard the store keeper shouting after us, “msichana, mtoto amebeba kiatu”.
My sister turned only to find me holding on to one tiny shoe that I was not ready to let go of. Out of embarrassment, went to the and bought me the whole pair but swore never to go out with me again.
5. Mention five words that describe you ?
6. What is the toughest part of blogging for you ?
That has to be separating my private stuff from my posts. We used to have fights with my ex-girlfriend because of it. Believe me I have like four good posts that unfortunately can’t publish, maybe one day. But I’m learning. Hahaha…
7. What message would you give out to the world in one line ?
Actually that will have to be a plea to all the leaders of the world, those opinion makers, to stand up in one voice and help put Donald Trump in his place. He’s just a POTUS, not God for crying out loud! He isn’t the first POTUS and won’t be the last. America will be there long after his two disastrous terms are over.
Having finished with the lovely Lambam’s questions, here are my own questions to my lucky nominees.
1. Which country do you come from?
2. What’s your national language?
3. What’s your country’s staple food?
4. Apart from blogging, what else do you do?
5. Would you get married to someone outside your race?
6. Do you watch football? If yes, what’s your favorite team?
7. Do you think nations should do more to manage global warming?
8. Christian or Muslim? What’s the one thing you love about the other religion?
9. Which is your favorite music genre?
10. Which music genre do you hate the most? Why?
11. Who would you choose between Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jung-un?
And finally these are my nominees. They’re bloggers I used my own criteria to choose because this is the most difficult part of accepting these awards. It’s never easy choosing one blogger over another.
But since the rules asked for only 11, I couldn’t nominate more than that. It doesn’t mean that my nominees are better than the other, no. Every blogger is special in his or her own way, doing what makes them happy or what they believe is right. I respect and salute each one of them for that.
This Sunshine Blogger Award is for you too!
- The Snow Melts Somewhere
- Cheche Winnie