I know it sounds overwhelming but I still have to do it anyway. In blogging, and in life generally, you always have to be grateful to those who remember you in every little way.
Last week before everything that I have said in my earlier post had occurred, altering my writing schedule, I had received two other nominations from two wonderful bloggers. Nirja Gelal and Noor, both of who nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I’m honored. Thank you guys. And by the way, you can follow them up and see the wonderful stuff they are doing.
What is Liebster Award?
Liebster is all about recognizing and appreciating writers as in this, bloggers nominate other bloggers to show love and respect to their works.
Rules For Accepting It:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link of their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog.
3. Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
4. Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees.
Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Nirja Gelal’s questions:
1. How did you start blogging?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer as long as I can recall. But before I could start chasing publishers, first I wanted a place I can sharpen my skills. And for the other reasons, please read No longer followers or subscribers, just family
Okay, my dream is to one day be counted among those who helped end tribalism in my country. I also want to be successful in life, have a beautiful family and to circumnavigate the world.
3. When did you first start writing?
In 2009. I used to write poetry and songs but it was until sometime last year when I started this blog, Madekesiworld.
4. Do you have any favorite topics you like to write about? What are they?
Sure. One is love and sometimes a light touch on my country’s politics.
5. What does writing mean to you?
6. Where are you from and what do you like most about that place?
Kenya. I love our ethnic diversity. 43 tribes, the Asian community being the latest addition.
7. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
Religion. Remove it all together, or make the world have one common religion that serves one God. I believe God created the world so perfect and it’s only because of religion and man’s greedness that the world is this ugly and corrupted.
8. What are your favorite things to do with other people?
Watching football. I’m a Manchester United fan and just love watching it play in the company of my friends.
9. What is your favorite song and what does it mean to you?
Jungle by Drake. It takes me out of this world. It makes me wanna wright something emotional.
10. What other interests do you have?
Song writer and wanna be rapper.
11. Do you have any dream destination? If yes, where is it and why?
Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. I’ve always been fascinated by it
12. What is your definition of being successful in life?
Is when you feel you have accomplished everything you wanted to do in life.
13. Given a chance, will you change anything about you?
14. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Do it for yourself. If it’s a funny post, make sure it can make you laugh. And if it can make you smile, sure it will make the world laugh too.
15. What’s your favorite movie?
Roots. It’s a movie about slavery. I watched it last year with mum while she was sick and couldn’t help laughing at her reactions. (“my name is Kunta Kinte, the son of Omoro Kinte…”).
16. Name one thing from your bucket list?
Soon, after graduation I will begin writing afresh my first novel. I had started writing it just after high-school before I lost the enthusiasm.
17. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you
1.If you could have a successful change in your career or your major, what would be the change you’ll choose?
Be an astronaut. And be one of the first humans to step on Mars!
2. What one characteristic in you that you would never change?
Smiling. I find myself smiling at the time I’m supposed to be mad at someone. And sometimes I hate it, but that’s who I am and don’t want it to ever change.
3. If you had to move out of your country for life, what country would you choose to live in?
4. Black bitter coffee vs cinnamon tea with mint
The latter. It sounds better. Haha… But seriously I rarely take coffee.
5. What would be a harder experience for you; shopping for groceries or shopping for clothes?
Both. The only shopping I like is window shopping. By now I know you think I’m crazy.
6. Do you consider yourself happy or just satisfied?
Happy. I’m rarely satisfied with anything.
7. Do you have this one person who always gets you before even having to explain yourself?
One of my friends at campus and sometimes it’s annoying and rude.
8. On a scale of 1 to 10, how lucky do you think you are?
10-10. I’m alive!
9. What is the one thing you always try to do but never succeed in doing it?
Live up to my new year’s resolutions.
10. Do you have a certain phobia?
11. What’s the riskiest thing you’ve had to do lately?
Letting my ex girlfriend get close again. I know she’s up to no good.
Like I did with the previous post, this one too I will nominate all of the Madekesiworld followers. Anyone willing can right a post or just answer in my comment box. Looking forward to reading your answers.
- Which country do you come from?
- What’s your national language?
- Apart from blogging what else do you do?
- If single, would you get married to someone from outside your race?
- What do you think Nations around the world should do to help curb global warming?
- What’s your religion? Do you believe it is doing enough to help end terrorism?
- Who would you choose between Donald Trump and Kim Jing-un?