Made someone a promise. It was before my country’s hullabaloo. The swearing in of the people’s president and the aftermath. People being arrested and even as I’m writing this post, three main media houses are yet to be opened. Their crime, covering the oathing ceremony against the advice of the government.
Talk of media freedom! And when Okiya Omtatah, an activist I respect so much tried to serve the Communication Authority with a court order to open the closed media houses, he had his ass badly beaten.
Anyway, that aside, I had made a fellow blogger — actually three — a promise that I intend to keep. It’s important. They nominated me for some awards. I had promised to write back, as gesture to show I’m grateful.
Keeping my promises, and always saying thank you is the way mama raised me.
To Artemisa the one who nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. I’m grateful.
THE REAL NEAT BLOG AWARD
1. Put the award logo on your blog
2. Answer 7 questions asked by someone who nominated you
3. Thank the people who nominated you by commenting on their blog
4. Nominate other bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
5. Let them know that you have nominated them
6. Ask your nominees own questions
Artemisa asked me the following questions:
1. Where do you come from?
2. What do you like from your country?
Our ethnic diversity (last year the Asian Community was added as the forty third tribe), on the positive side. It can be a nightmare, especially when politics is put in consideration.
3. What do you dislike from your country?
Tribalism. As I have stated in question two, it’s more of a curse.
4. Which animal do you feel linked to?
I’ve never thought about that, but if I have to answer, then it’s certainly a dog.
5. If you could be a mythical creature, which would it be?
Another tricky question! I think I will prefer a dragon. Scare everyone like those of Kalesi in Game of Thrones.
6. Cats, dogs or both?
Only dogs. Hate cats.
7. Do you honestly read every post you like?
To be frank, no. But I have my favorite bloggers, you being one of them, that I make sure I read their posts. And any other post that catches my attention.
I want to break the rule no. 4 by nominating all my followers since I like all of them. Anyone willing can reply to the post and answer the questions, either by writing a post or commenting on this post.
- Which country do you come from?
- What’s your national language?
- If single, will you get married to someone outside your race?
- Apart from blogging, what else do you do?
- What do you think Nations should do to help curb global warming?
- Who would you choose between Trump and Kim Jing-u?